Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Physical fit and true useful load question.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Physical fit and true useful load question.

Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated.

I had done the math on the posted useful load numbers, guess I was interested to see how "realistic" they were. No offense to the good folks at Kitfox, and maybe I am just a cynic at heart, but I always take performance numbers of anything, let alone aircraft with a grain of salt.

One of the main reasons I am so interested in the KF is the useful load of 750lbs. I think that is a number that works for even a big oaf as myself.

My gal is quite petite, I won't post her weight because I not THAT stupid, but suffice it to say, she and I, a full load of fuel and the 150 baggage limit would have us well under 750.

Can't say I know of any other plane in this class/size that offers as much useful load with any sort of track record behind it.

I suspect the majority of my flight time will be solo, but I fully agree with you all that I need to crawl into a 7 and try one on for size.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions, and if any of you find yourself in my neck of the woods I would be happy to buy you a cup of coffee or a beer to pick your brains a bit.
    Last edited by BigAir; 09-14-2011 at 09:58 PM.