Since HD asked for opinions I guess we are allowed to respond. I'll take the Kitfox hands down. I've flown them both. Kitfox is much more responsive in all control axis which makes it much more fun to fly. Kitfox is faster. Kitfox has a stronger fuselage. Also the STOL gets thrown in our face all the time but I flew a short wing Kitfox from Phoenix to the factory fly in and back that would give the Highlanders some pause in that dept too besides being extremely fast. Build em light guys and no one can hold a candle to the Kitfox. All that being said, if the Kitfox never existed I could get by with a Highlander. But with the Kitfox we don't have to settle now do we?

Yes this is a Kitfox forum and yes most folks are extremely happy or they wouldn't be here enjoying each others company and sharing the fun. We are also happy with the factory support that comes along with every Kitfox purchase. Kitfox has sold over 5,000 kits. Highlander what, maybe 170?
That's 5,000 potential new friends if you choose a Kitfox and they come at no additional charge. That is a lot of combined flight experience ready and willing to lend support at every step of the build and after the build as witnessed by the generosity of our membership over TeamKitfox.com's few short years on line.

Course you could fly them both and decide for yourself.