Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flying with "Glass Panel" only?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Flying with "Glass Panel" only?

Well, that helps. Thanks.
    Dwight B. Van Zanen
    Maple Valley, WA and
    West Columbia, SC
    PP/ASEL/IA
    Avid Mk 4 Aerobat

Another 2 cents on the topic.
    Take a look at some of the panel designs in this section and you will see a number that a glass only. I have a mostly glass panel (one steam type airspeed indicator) with the two primary systems (GPS and EFIS) having independent battery backups. I did decide two split my system up ( separate EFIS, EMS, GPS and COM) which can all talk to each other and are unlikely to all go down together. I also carry a smart phone (with a nice nav app) and a portable radio which adds to the redundancy. I agree with John, you are wise to ask these kind of questions and think through some of the improbable scenarios.With all that said when you are away from controlled airspace and CAVU these are great planes to fly just by the seat of you pants and a smile on your face.
    Last edited by Dorsal; 08-11-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I'm one of those. EFIS only, nothing else. It's a VFR airplane that is so easy to fly that I really would consider it a non event to land after an electrical failure of the EFIS. It's something easy to practice, just turn it off

Andy Karmy
    Kitfox 7 - 912S - SOLD
    Auburn, WA

http://kitfoxflying.com