Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Bruce very nice build. I have a few questions for you. First I would like to know what the empty weight is and get your opinion of the tailwheel vs. trigear. What kind of speed difference between the two gear setups as you had pants with the trigear and went with the larger tire on the conventional.
What type of paint did you use, and again very nice job. I will agree with the others that it seems like we just keep seeing better and better examples of great Kitfoxes.
Bryon, thanks for the nice compliments. My empty weight is 848# as a tailwheel. Was 838# in the tricycle gear. As far as speed difference, I did not see any noticeable change in my speeds. I would have thought that the bigger tires and no wheel pants would have made a difference. Maybe that nose wheel out front had enough drag that it made up for the difference in the bigger tires on the mains. It is a docile tailwheel and I am loving it. Would not change back to nose gear. The paint is Poly Fiber Aerothane. Hope that answered your questions?

Thanks again,
Bruce