Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: oil pressure indication

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: oil pressure indication

That's why I have both instruments in the cockpit. The electronic sending units do not do well with the vibration (buzz) of the Rotax engine whether it's mounted on the firewall or the engine. There are newer sending units available. But the piece of mind I have with the mechanical unit gives me great comfort when I question the other reading.

You might check with John McBean at Kitfox. He has a nice sending unit that fastens to the fire wall. Don't know if it is compatable to the gauge or not.
    If you do use a manual gauge with a copper line,make sure you have a loop in the line as copper can become brittle with vibration and break. The loop will also give you a steady pressure reading.
    Dick Maddux
    Fox 4
    Milton,Fl

I definately put a loop in the line as well as anchor it with some adel clamps. I am also going to check in to some small stainles steel line. This would hold up much better. Thanks for the suggestions.