Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Punctuation issues

Default Punctuation issues

It?s a little frustrating lately that when I enter an exclamation point or an apostrophe, for instance, and a question mark is posted instead. This didn't used to happen, and I see it with some other?s posts also. Is it possibly related to using an iPad? It seems like a bug that should be able to be fixed.
    It doesn?t happen every time, but very frequently. Everything seems correct until submitting the post, and then the incorrect punctuation marks occur.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: Punctuation issues

Yes, it does appear to be related to using iOS or Safari. A post I submitted yesterday morning on my iPad ended up full of question marks instead of apostrophes; I had to edit out all contractions in order to get rid of them. When I post from Chrome on a Windows computer (as now) all characters appear correctly.

That said, some of my older posts have changed to contain question marks as well, notably my tutorial thread on making a wiring harness. I may have drafted those posts on my iPad but I'm sure they passed through my desktop before being posted since they contain so many images. The text in those posts appeared correctly when posted and only became corrupted recently.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings