Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: NR prop bolt concern

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NR prop bolt concern

Hi all, I have about 175 hrs on my NR two blade prop on my Kitfox 4 with 80 HP 912. I've adjusted the prop a number of times between winter and summer, but never actually took the bolts out. The other day I put a balance master on it, and got new AN5 bolts for the install. Here is what I found. I've always torqued the bolts to correct torque, but a few times it did seem like a couple of them acted weird. Like not turning as much as I expected at the next torque setting. I would say that apparently, they weren't tightening up to correct torque, at least some of them. I'm back to working on my new built Kitfox 4 now, and I took the NR two blade prop off of it, so I could work on the engine and cowl install better. I had ran this engine/prop about 15 or 20 minutes last summer, before I got side tracked. Both times I used the bolts that NR supplied with the props. Last prop I know of that came from them didn't come with bolts. Maybe I'm not the only one who had an issue. I like the prop, gives good performance, but if you are running their bolts, you may want to have a look. First two pictures and the fourth one are the 80 HP, and the third and fifth ones are of the 100 HP 912 with 15 or 20 minutes run time. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images