Had a great time at Byrd's adventure Center in Northwest Arkansas, right on the Mulberry River. Camping under your wing was 12 dollars a night.

It was My 1st time there, so it was a little stressful getting in to the 1900 ft strip. Normal approach is East to West, and that day was a slight tailwind.
The mulberry river was on the left with a steep hill on the right. You fly right down the valley to the airstrip. The G3x was not helping matters yelling in my headset PULL UP! TERRAIN! PULL UP! Note to self - disable that before flying there again!
My landing was a bit fast, but the grass slowed me down quickly. When I left, takeoff was by the book, just in reverse.

The weather was perfect and that evening we were all entertained by the northern lights. My i-phone batt. was dead so no pics of that unfortunately.
The owner of Byrd's fly's a older Kitfox 4. He was excited to have another kitfox at the Spring Backcountry Fly-in and we talked awhile about our airplanes.
His wife and him were gracious hosts and had coffee and pastries waiting for us at the airfield when we woke up the next day! How cool is that!
They also have a restaurant and convenience store, a Fall Fly-in, music festivals, and a 4x4 rallies through the year.

What a beautiful place! I highly recommend making the trip!

IMG_2603.jpg in the plane.jpg IMG_2609.jpg IMG_2617.jpg IMG_2621.jpg kitfox 4 and patriot at Byrds.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg IMG_2634.jpg Web capture_7-5-2024_18934_byrdsadventurecenter.com.jpg