Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Instrument Panel - Proposed Layout

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Instrument Panel - Proposed Layout

Hey everyone! I've just recently put my Kitfox deposit down, and have been slated for a Q1 2025 delivery; it's a ways out, but I'm alright with that time frame since it'll give me time to save up, familiarize myself with the build process, and start designing...hence the purpose of this thread! This is the 23rd evolution of my proposed instrument panel, and it's finally at the point where I feel I can share it with the forum and not get totally ripped apart. I would really love whatever feedback you guys can come up with. I'm not looking to get my tires pumped, honest feedback good or bad is much appreciated. I'm pretty junior in my flying journey so I'm very open to suggestions, and have implemented many thus far.

This was done on powerpoint, so things aren't perfectly to scale, but they're close enough for now. To note, this is a VFR panel meant for mixed use between backcountry and airports, and cross-countries less than 5hrs. I estimate that I will regularly be transiting through controlled airspace (nature of living near an international airport).

DYNON COMPONENTS
    -SkyView HDX 10”
    -SkyView Autopilot Control Panel
    -SkyView Integrated COM Radio
    -SkyView Knob Control Panel
    -SkyView Stereo Intercom Module
    -SkyView Dimmer Module
    -Autopilot Disconnect Button
    -USB Port Panel Mount
    OTHER COMPONENTS
    -Guardian Avionics smartPanel mount
    -Apple iPad Pro 11”
    -LX Navigation iris EFIS Pro 80
    -Skybox Vigilus
    -McFarlane Vernier Throttle
    -Artex Remote Switch, Standard 8304
    -Radiant Technologies USB-C/A Dual Charging Port

Other Notes
    - The registration number on the panel isn't real, for demo purposes only
    - I recognize the panel is quite busy, but I figure the space is there so use it
    - Plan is run dual EarthX batteries which will parallel on a bus bar downstream of the master switches, so it could operate on M1, M2, or M1+M2 (I think this should work)
    - iris EFIS Pro and FlyBox Vigilus will be linked directly to the master
    - Radio has its own switch so I can load shed all other avionics/electronics in the event of
    - iris EFIS has 3-5hr built in battery to serve as backup for SkyView HDX failure
    - VPX solid state breakers not seen in pic, but explain lack of visible breakers
    - idea is to reduce as many single points of failure as possible (dual battery/alternator/pumps)
    - cabin light will be coloured red, and behind the panel aiming at feet
    - ignition is an ON-OFF-ON momentary toggle (for fun and easier landmarking)
    - all the "DO NOT TOUCH" buttons are red, not just master/alt

Unknowns
    - LX Navigation compatibility with Dynon?
    - Too many/little warning lights up top?
    - Dynon pitot heat require a dedicated switch? or is it all automatic or built into their hdx software?
    Attached Images Attached Images