Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using the Supereco autopilot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Anyone using the Supereco autopilot

Hi Jim.

Like all ultralights of this type (avifFlyer, AppoloFox, KitFox) the Eurofox does not escape the problems of reverse yaws.
    My problem with the SuperEco is that the system has trouble keeping direction. This results in weak oscillations, which tend to increase.
    I notice that your tabs are two to three times higher than mine. Changing my tabs is no problem.
    On the other hand, if you have a solution concerning the reverse yaw, I'm really interested!

Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre

To get a coordinated turn the earlier kitfox (pre model 5)you definitely need some rudder input. You will need to add a trim tab with servo on the rudder, and use the aileron signal to generate a proportional signal on the rudder. Unfortunately, this will take some experimentation with trim tab size, and servo arm length until you get a coordinated turn. Did you get the yaw damper option with your autopilot which may render above comments invalid. if this is the case, you will need to work on lessening drag on the rudder cables to give the yaw damper a chance to work.

Jim

Hi JimLike all ultralights of this type (avifFlyer, AppoloFox, KitFox) the Eurofox does not escape the problems of reverse yaws.My problem with the SuperEco is that the system has trouble keeping direction. This results in weak oscillations, which tend to increase.I notice that your tabs are two to three times higher than mine. Changing my tabs is no problem.On the other hand, if you have a solution concerning the reverse yaw, I'm really interested!Jean-Pierre[/QUOTE]
    Jim Corner
    KF2 582 1150 hrs
    KF5 O-360 1150 hrs

I texted Carlos a couple of weeks ago to get an update on how the Supereco is working on the Kitfox in Florida that he told me about. So far, I haven't heard back from him. JImChuk

PS I'm sure all the extra features on the supereco are nice, but I think I would be fine with something that would just keep the plane on the same heading and altitude that it's at when I push the "engage" button.

Hi Jim.
    If I understand correctly, you recommend, in order to obtain satisfactory results, the installation of the yaw damper option. SuperSco options that I don't have on my EuroFox.
    Other than that, I'm thinking of increasing the size of my trim tabs, as they are half the size of yours.
    Thanks again for your support.