I do agree with most of you that it shouldnt really be an issue depending on the level of attention to detail was aimed at that effort during installation - sadly whomever did the drilling and install on mine missed the center and then decided to remove as much plastic from the top piece as possible (for reasons I am not quite sure of) - ill post a picture of my stock one here in a bit. Since I am currently re-skinning portions of the plane and redoing the paint on the body, the floors were coming out already and that provided me the opportunity to make these little upgrades to the plane that I felt would help separate it from every other Model 4, while also looking good and increasing safety. When I removed the plastic one from my aircraft, the lower portion of the clamshell can be squeezed with two fingers and will basically fold in on itself - not something I want retaining the main controls of my aircraft. Yes - ill suffer a slight weight increase, but the added strength gives me a bit more piece of mind.

I do still have 3 remaining setups (ran a batch of 5) so if anyone is interested in swapping over to the aluminum please drop me a PM. Im not looking to profit on them so itll be cost to machine and base material plus shipping.