Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Extra tank for long flights

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Extra tank for long flights

jealous of you lower 48er's copious runways. Sadly it does not work that way up here. Gross weight is secondary to survival. that being said, I can attest the KF7 STi will fly perfectly at 1700+ lbs when leaned on. Let me remind you im 160+ hp. I know its baffling to the mind. For us its completely normal. welcome to the last frontier, where true aviation still exists and the FAA is a joke. I can see your brains clutching in real time. Someday7 mentioned flying up here and wanting fuel onboard to do so. I commend you. My advise is be able to carry as much as possible safely. Lower 48'ers can surely provide their input. If you plan to fly up here you have to be able to carry enough gas to land safely. Guess what now you landed at an airstrip that shows it has fuel and due to remote location hasnt had a resupply in months. Carry enough gas to fly the entire mission. Then add extra. If the doors shut itll fly. If this post, in any way hits you wrong, do not bother coming up. period.
    Last edited by Denalifox; 04-08-2022 at 11:28 PM.
    S7 STi O-320 currently flying