Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Additional Alternator on 912is?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Additional Alternator on 912is?

Quote Originally Posted by Robthend View Post
    I was doing research today and came up with the exact same question that Geek had. Did a form search on the topic and this one popped up. Answered a lot of my questions.....and created more. I'm building a tri-gear so adding an Edge Performance accessory alternator on my EP914Ti won't work. I had seen briefly some other options for an accessory case, gear driven alternator and another one using a belt driven. Anyone with experience with these other options?

Robert
    El Paso

PS Hi Gary. (I'm TJ's father-in-law)
    i think Edge’s smaller alternator will work with the crossbar, but best check with them.

Not 30 minutes ago, i opened an email from Mike at Stolcreek (Edge Performance dealer) who did confirm, after sending multiple photos of my engine mount, that he believed the 15 amp WOULD fit. Mike said the photos of Kitfox Rotax engine mount appears identical to Just aircraft engine mount and had successfully mounted 15 amp alternator to that air frame. So....I have a request into Stolcreek for 15 amp, add-on alternator to install before mounting my engine. Should now give me adequate power.....just need to figure out how to wire all this.

Robert
    Robert Henderson
    El Paso, Tx
    SS7 Tri gear N87KF
    EP914Ti, Airmaster, Garmin G3x, GNX375

I’m ordering on Monday… I think I’m going with the 32amp alternator and cutting the cross bar (TW). I have a ULS so much less power than the iS. I like Dustin idea of running it as the primary alternator…

https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...ght=Alternator