Although some of you are flying with an electric pitch trim indicator I've still got the mechanical version in my Kitfox 6 (and I'm happy with it so far). Since I've only got about 15 hours on my plane to date I don't have the indicator plate or the graduated decal permanently in place yet. Although I'm practicing takeoffs and landings at all three of the various flaperon settings, most of my takeoffs to date have been with 1/2 flaps and I've put a line on the coiled spring tape with a sharpie so I can get a consistent trim setting on each takeoff. This seems to be the most "normal" takeoff trim setting I've read about for a Kitfox so far so I'm thinking this is probably the way to go. But, before I install the adhesive backed indicator decal with its "Takeoff Position" green band centered on my sharpie line I'm curious to know if the more experienced flyers out there might suggest any other alternate trim positions for me to consider for locating my decal. My home base is a 2500' grass strip. The picture below has the indicator plate and decal laying on the console just as a visual reference.

IMG_8553.jpg