I noticed that there is a gap between the brown rubber top bushing and the lower engine mount that holds the nose gear in place. I understand that this "gap" does open up during load on the shock assembly but while it's static it seems in conflict with what's stated in the build manual. The build manual implies that the assembly should all be tight (no gap) when torquing the top bolt that caps off the shock assembly. I don't know if this static gap is normal or is a product of the shock donuts taking a set or shrinking during the decade this project sat idle before I bought it. I've incorporated the service bulletin that opens up the bearing diameter of the shock tube so that there is no binding during shock compression travel. I measured the thickness of the four rubber shock donuts and they all vary slightly within 1.100" to 1.125". Does anyone have a new shock donut they could measure to compare with mine? Has anyone else with a nose gear assembly seen this "gap" while the plane is just sitting still?

IMG_8469.jpg