Let the games begin.

This weekend I pulled most everything apart. I started one by one removing each wire from the back of the panel and electrical bus. By selectively either cutting and removing, or taping and labeling each wire that I needed to keep. Once everything was traced out and clearly understood, I removed the remaining connections and parts from the instrument panel. Then Removing the panel was a small matter of a few bolts at the bottom that held it in place.

It’s funny that as you go deeper and deeper into the project it starts looking like you’ve almost totally dismantled the entire plane. At one point I had to fold the right wing slightly to get the OAT sensor out of the wing root. At least I know that the pin will come out and you can fold the wing back. (better make sure and put that pin back in when I’m done!)

I made sure to keep every part that I was removing, including all the wire and parts in a box so I can weigh all of the stuff that’s not going back in and see what I removed. Mostly for curiosity sake really. When the rebuild is done I will weigh the plane and get a new weight and balance done for the record books.

Here are more pictures of the progress to date. From this point things should start going back in as the project progresses. Now no crying for those of you that have seen this plane, or flown in it. I promise it will be neat and tidy when it's finished!