Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Sept '08 KOTM - Steve Wilson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sept '08 KOTM - Steve Wilson

Steve,
    I purchased my mod 1 already flying. The builder had also extended the vertical stab and rudder. While flying and operating the rudder I noticed a large deflection of the vert stab. This caused me some concern. After inquiring I was told the mod 4 has a larger stab leading and trailing tube. I added 1/16" flying wires from rudder hinge to top of the bolts for horz stab braces and that removed the identifiable deflection.
    Dave

Dave,
    Wow. Did you "see" or "feel" the deflection, or notice it in some other manner? Looks like you are in Malad. I would love to fly up there and compair mods and see what you have done.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Steve
    I could see the deflection by looking out the turtle deck it looked to be ~3" at cruise speed.
    I live on the road that parallels the runway. Would like to see your plane and especially the bubble doors. Give me a call before you come
    Ph- 208-766-5556.
    Dave