Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Are These Factory Floor Mats Too Long?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Are These Factory Floor Mats Too Long?

Trying to fit my factory floor mats and they seem about 1" too long. Feedback from someone who has installed these would be appreciated.

The first two photos show the mats positioned "forward". The notch for the bolt seems appropriately placed and the carpet doesn't bunch when the stick in full forward. However, the fit at the rudder pedals doesn't look right. The forward Velcro would be stuck to the rudder tubing and the notch doesn't fit around the bracket on the left.

The third and forth photos show the carpet moved aft. Now the bolt notch is awkwardly placed and the carpet, in front of the stick, bunches when the stick is full forward. But the placement around the rudder pedals makes more sense. The forward Velcro would be stuck to the floor rather than the pedals. And, with my finger controlling the fabric curl, the carpet fits neatly around the rudder bracket.

Overall length of the mats is 27 inches. If my sewing machine could handle the thickness, I would cut an inch of the front, rebind, attach velcro and be done. But the domestic machine won't do the job so it will be a return to the factory and wait or find someone local who does carpet binding. Just wanting to double check to see if I'm missing something obvious.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X