Went to rig the wings tonight and discovered fitment issues with the fishmouth portion of the lift struts where they attach to the fuselage.

1. There is weld/ metal builup around both top and bottom inside of the fishmouth, forming lips. These lips prevented them from fitting on the lug on the fuselage. This was not a big deal to me, but I wondered what this buildup is from in the first place? I can see the bottom of the fishmouth or the Jaw is thicker, perhaps two plates doubled together and welded?
But then the top plate also has this, but is thinner? Is it also a doubled plate seam welded? My last (unlikely) thought was this was not weld, but melded edges from from torch cut?

2. Even with the weld ground flush inside the fish mouth (only took off just enough for a snug fit), the outer radius of the fish mouth hits the radius of the bracket. I have about .050 more to go, but the fishmouth starts to hit the radius on the fuselage attachment point. The lift strut hole is still more than a diameter away from the outer radius, but I am leery about taking material off that top mouth portion (re-profiling the outer radius) without knowing if that is a weld.

Any experience with this? Any non-powder coated pics of one of these aero lift struts to see what is under there?

Thanks

20190920_194557.jpg20190920_194541.jpg20190920_194830.jpg