Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model 1 Bubble Door Mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Model 1 Bubble Door Mod

Pete,
    Yes, I called Kitfox too for doors for my model 1. They did not have them. I also called LP Aero Plastics and they wanted $550 for a tinted set (plus freight) plus $3,000 for the mold to make doors for a model 1.

I just checked with my manufacturer and they confirmed they can make doors for the model II, or Avid for $400/set, clear or tinted, your choice. They will need one door frame from your airplane to use in making the mold. When I sent them my door frame, I had it back, with the new doors in about 2 weeks time. You pay for the freight both ways, which was about another $150 from/to Utah.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Default Re: Model 1 Bubble Door Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SkySteve View Post
    Pete,
    Yes, I called Kitfox too for doors for my model 1. They did not have them. I also called LP Aero Plastics and they wanted $550 for a tinted set (plus freight) plus $3,000 for the mold to make doors for a model 1.

I just checked with my manufacturer and they confirmed they can make doors for the model II, or Avid for $400/set, clear or tinted, your choice. They will need one door frame from your airplane to use in making the mold. When I sent them my door frame, I had it back, with the new doors in about 2 weeks time. You pay for the freight both ways, which was about another $150 from/to Utah.

Steve please contact me when you get a chance.

Caution guys.. The reason we do not have specific bubble doors for the Model 1 and the Model 2 is because there where about 3 different frames. We can have them made but need the door frames from your aircraft to be able to provide them.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"