Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honest opinions about Kitfox build experience

Default Re: Honest opinions about Kitfox build experience

I agree with Mike. Read through the manual on the Kitfox site. I did, and after reading each section I found that there was not one part of the build that I would feel unable to tackle.

It is important, from time to time, to step back and look at your work. If you’re satisfied with it keep going, if not, fix it! Be honest with yourself and know when to seek advice.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

I took the mini fabric covering class at sunnfun. It was ok but I still wasnt feeling that confident. Then I went to the Triple Tree Aerodrome annual fly in. They had a couple guys from a company that restores old aircraft, give a free all day class on covering. It was the best. I don't know if they still do that. But it is a fairly easy job. Just time consuming.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

I really like your thoughts. I am going to check out the manuals. I really want to attend a class (or classes), but with my job, I have a LOT of free time at home. However, I am on call all the time. It makes getting away on vacation, or even for a few days, pretty difficult. I will still look into it, because I feel that it would be incredibly valuable.