Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Build

Default Re: Noble Build

Congrats Scott on a great job. We are now both based at Fairways (OG20). It is great to have two Kitfox's on the field. A couple of other people at the field are now interested in the Kitfox, so maybe there is more business to be had for John and Deb.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

(Sorry to plunge you back into building just when you are leaving it behind!)

cheers

ross

Quote Originally Posted by rosslr View Post
    What a fantastic result Scott! And thanks for all the pics and comments - they are soooo helpful! One Q if I may. I have been away for a few days and reading up on the covering section that I am about to start - it suggests installing Aluminium rod to reinforce the trailing edge if you want to shrink to 350. Di you do that? Others? how essential is it??
    Hello Ross, I did put the Aluminium rods in the trailing edge of my wings. I think you need to install the Al otherwise the fabric will warp the trailing edge. You should follow the polyfiber book step by step. Good luck on covering you airplane.

Scott

I agree with Scott; I also put the Al stiffeners in, as suggested in the Kitfox builder's manual. I believe most folks on this forum have put in some kind of stiffeners on the trailing edge to allow shrink to 350 degrees.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks Scott and Jim - I just found it a little strange to come across this suggestion in the covering section and not earlier in the wing building section. Nonetheless, I am on to it!

Best wishes for your testing phase Scott! We are looking forward to hearing all about it!

cheers

ross

For what it is worth I did not put the rods in and shrunk to 350 with no warping. If I were to do it again I would put them in just for extra margin.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

DUUUUDE! CONGRATULATIONS! Awesome job, Scott! I'll be blowing up your phone next time I'm in Portland. I'd love to see the finished product.
    Dustin
    915is/AP430 powered Kitfox SS7

Thanks Dustin! I went for my third flight today. All is going well with flight testing so far. I'll get more pictures when I'm not so focused on getting through this flight testing.

Great job my friend.....nice to see you in your project with a Large smile ...

Another beautiful day in the NW. Jiott and I got a chance to go out and fly together for the first time. This picture was taken from the Sandy River Airport outside of Sandy, Or. This was the Fifth flight in my Airplane and everything is going well! Jim has been flying his Super Sport since last summer.

Scott

990TT 157SN Sandy.jpg