Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Foreflight checklist

Default Foreflight checklist

Hi,
    All is well in the great Northwest but I am confused about how to create a checklist for my model IV in the Foreflight app. Its not very intuitive. I did a CIGARS check yesterday during a pre-takeoff and I left something out that could have been handled by a checklist with more attention. I use foreflight on an iPad mini. Does anyone have a checklist specific to the kitfox, or do I need to build one from scratch?
    Thanks in advance.
    Wheels

Default Re: Foreflight checklist

Wheels,

Don't know much about editing a checklist into foreflight - some of us like our hard copy - easier to carry around.

Never have liked the "CIGAR" or "GUMPS" deals because they are so general as to be almost irrelevant to any particular plane.

Might be best if a person writes their own checklists taking into account equipment and a pilot's working procedures.

I put together a set of 8 laminated pocket cards which are sequential - Preflight, Startup, Runup, Takeoff, Landing, Post Landing, Shutdown and Emergency.

By the way, red is a crappy color for emergency checklists at night with red cockpit lights. Green text pops out on a white background under red lights.

Deciding what to put on your checklists might be different than for another plane - some have carb heat, some don't, some have mixture, some don't. There are a lot of variables which sort of make a person's head hurt till you break it down.

I was going to attach the startup checklist as an example, but it won't attach
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN