Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: push/pull tubes

Default Re: push/pull tubes

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox5 View Post
    Anyone know what lubricant Kitfox recommends to use on the push pull tube? Or is just the Teflon bushing good without lubricant?

Joe Leeman
    KF5
    Wisconsin
    I see that Joe is asking about a Series 5 which has a phenolic (plastic) bearing/bushing that the elevator torque tube goes thru about mid fuselage back in the airframe. Joe if that is what you're asking about I use a dab of white lithium grease on the tube where it slides thru this bearing. Not sure , but I believe on the newer models this bearing has been eliminated. Bruce N199CL

Yes the KF5 has a plastic bushing half way back. That is what I am asking about. But I would be concerned using anything that would collect dust or dirt. If I get a chance today I will contact Kitfox and ask.

Joe Leeman
    KF5

Agreed, LPS-1 or Triflow are at the top of my list. Grease in the wrong place attracts dirt & water and accelerates wear.

I lube the plastic bushing on my KF-5 annually. When I use up my can of LPS-1 I will be switching to Triflow.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I would use LPS-1 on plastic bearings, as per Kitfox recommendations. Tri-Flow on metal to metal.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime