Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dual latch pin door handles.

Default Re: Dual latch pin door handles.

Dave, I have to be honest -it took me from the time this thread started till today to figure out how to shrink the size of my pictures ,so they can be posted. Its kind of frustrating because we want to help fellow builders and pictures are truly worth a thousand words when it comes to homebuilding. As an old guy I am what you would call techy challenged. Bruce N199CL

I have the same dual door latch as Bruce and really like it. There is no way that will accidentally open

Someday I need to put in the key locks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PapuaPilot; 01-05-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Nice latches Bruce and Phil. I was planning on putting additional swivel latches on each door but I like that cam arrangement you have. The KISS principle works overtime .....
    David
    SS7 Builder

I am a first time builder working on my S7 speedster with The bubble door option. I also have the dual pin door latch handles. I have the doors fitted and trimmed it appears that the latch will be outside of the flange area which may cause it to be recessed just wondering if anybody has use this latch with the bubble door option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fox View Post
    Gentlemen

Back in the summer of 2017 I went to the factory flyin and had the privilege of checking out the beautiful green and black Speedster N157KS up close. That was the first time I saw the dual latch door latches.
    When I ordered my kit I had to have that option. It was a new option at the time.
    I’m approaching the point in my build of installing the doors and have been searching for instructions for the door latch installation. Can’t find anything. Too late in the day to call Kitfox.
    Has anyone out there installed these?
    You’ll need to have the factory e-mail them to you. I called John and had the installation instructions the same day. (Section K. Door installation). Paragraphs 28-45, pages 86-93.