Well after six years and five months FOXD had her first flight. Wow! What an awesome experience.

During those 6 years I got engaged, married, moved across the country, did two major career changes in a span of three years, became an air traffic controller, and half renovated a house. The plane took a back seat at times but I always knew I would finish her.

There are a lot of people that helped me along the way but my number one supporter was my wife, Nat Esser, who never once blinked at time I wanted to spend in the garage and money I spent to build this thing. She actively encouraged me to go after it and she was also great at sitting in an unfinished plane and making airplane noises with me. A greater partner in crime than her has never existed.

The weather wasn’t perfect and the ceilings were low but we went for it anyway. She flew perfectly with no hiccups what so ever. No heavy wing or rigging issues. I need to confirm with groundspeed checks but she’s fast! At 75% power I was seeing 112kts indicated(128mph). She’s also rock solid down slow. Looking forward to flying more!

Big thanks to everyone on TeamKitfox. Definitely couldn’t have done it without you all.

Having trouble with my Photobucket! I'll get pictures soon!