ya, the 140 really doesn't mean anything other than don't point the nose down and let her go. I don't think you are going to get that really, level flight. yes I have had to watch the vne in my 4. Like I said the ss model is a great airplane if your looking for a new one or newer model. The sti sounds good, but I think it would be limiting too much. when it comes to performance, don't think Cessna in the back country, these little planes really do perform. I have no problem with mine even if I ended up in a closed canyon. I know my airplane can do a turn around in the closest area. not going to say anything more, of course there is always the hammer head wing over, which is real fun also. these things are some of the things you learn for back country. of course, don't just go back there, get training, there is a bunch of options for that. I think for the first time flyer or low time pilot the model 4 -7 would be more than enough for a real good time and you don't have to learn all the fun stuff right away, you will learn with a life time of experiences that will go on like the energizer bunny.