I'm being a little bit ambivalent about getting my windshield installed. I'm kind of terrified of cracking it or trimming it incorrectly. The instructions for the initial fit are a little vague about how to trim around the forward carrythrough tube. does anyone have any tips, pictures, tricks, or assistance to share about how to do this successfully?

Specifically:

-It appears to me that I need to take some material off to clear the bottom of the carrythrough tube, but I'm not sure how far to go back on top. The manual seems to say that you should go back far enough to get the hardware in, but that's a lot of material to take off. I'm wondering if through-holes would be better.

-Would it be a good idea when removing material under the carrythrough tube to put a nice round relief in to help prevent cracking during handling?

-During initial fit with the vertical edges of the windshield outside the mounting angles, I'm worried that pushing the top of the windshield into position will crack it. Those that have been successful, how did you get everything into place for the intial fit?