Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any SC.org members on here

Default Any SC.org members on here

As the topic asks, are there any SuperCub.org members on here? There is a question on the site where someone is wanting info on KF experience. While I have a couple hours n KF's and recently sold one, I think a member here should log on and give them a reply that is in tune with the true nature of the KF.
    Be forewarned!! These guys are just as particular about their SC's as others are on THEIR aircraft.

Default Re: Any SC.org members on here

I'm there but as of yet have nothing to offer as I have not flown my KF yet. Soon!.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by WWhunter View Post
    Be forewarned!! These guys are just as particular about their SC's as others are on THEIR aircraft.
    Boy, they sure are. I'm not a member or else I might respond and let them know how great a plane the KF is. One person mentioned the lack of STOL performance of the KF. Granted the standard KF isn't a Just super STOL or 180 HP SC but they do very well on STOL. The KF has a well balanced blend of STOL, cruise speed and useful loading. I remember passing my friend in cruise in his 180 HP Super Cub. I had 10-15 mph over him while burning just over 5 GPH, not 8-9, thank you.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

It's probably best to ignore that thread.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I also read on another popular big tire aircraft site that the Kitfox is a “fad” and paying $30,000.00 for one was crazy.
    These 35 year long flash in the pan fads just can’t last so enjoy your Kitfox’ while you can fellas.😢
    Soon we’ll all be flying $300,000.00 “Cubs”.

Good advice TJ.👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

There are about 20 Cubs I think on the field I fly at, 1 KF . Dudes really love their cubs. I have yet to take my KF 4 up against one. I assume my 80hp wouldn't do to bad but some of the lighter fancier ones would probably win.

http://www.supercub.org/forum/showth...ghlight=Kitfox

The thread if anyone is interested. They're actually not that rough and think give decent opinions in the planes.

Hilarious that a super cub pilot would call a Kitfox overpriced. I got my tailwheel endorsement in super cubs when I was 16. The cub is my first true love in aviation. I'm not going to disparage them here or anywhere else. However, $100k buys you a 35-40 year old super cub with a mid time engine and ancient panel. For the cost of a Carbon Cub, You could have an all-the-options 915-equipped STi that will at least very nearly match the Cub's STOL performance and still have enough money left to buy a top-of-the-line RV-9 for when you want a cross-country cruiser.

The cub is a great airplane, but you just can't sit in a cub and call anything else overpriced.

But alas, I may be engaging in the same pointless navel-gazing the guys on that thread are.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Hmm, I learned about "navel-gazing" from a nuclear engineer. Had to look that up.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Right on, PapuaPilot, DesertFox4, tj, and aviator79! I have a friend who just ordered a Carbon Cub kit, and I've learned a little about what's in the minds of some of the new builders... many of them are building them strictly to resell at a pretty good profit margin, to people who obviously have a lot more money than I do. For the type of airplane that it is, I think the Kitfox is probably an unbeatable value. A "modern" Cub isn't even in the same league in that regard. I'm glad I have a Kitfox.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime