Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any SC.org members on here

Default Re: Any SC.org members on here

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    ...strictly to resell at a pretty good profit margin...
    Surely you misspelled "solely for education or recreation".
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Carbon Cubs are the gold standard IMO. My brother and I where going to partner on one. Instead of getting one carbon cub, we are building two STI’s and still have money left over to fly them.......just sayin🙂

I hardly think you will regret that decision. Flying partner on trips is a brother. How cool is that. Even if my brother starts a build as he hopes to after retirement, he is in TX. Still No flying buddy.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I too like the super cubs for what they are and what they can do. However, we ran a STOL comp at our airfield last year with a few Cubs, a few Savannahs, a Kitfox4, a Eurofox, and a few others. The Savannahs won both the STO and the SFL aspects. The Cubs were a good 20-30m longer of both the TO and L's. The Kitfox was a bit more, but not much. On the same grass strip, I am always off and on and stopped within a 100m at most, ussually less and that is just fine for all my needs.

I have also travelled wth a super cub cross country. They carry more but are slower by about 10-15kts and burn about double the fuel. The seating is not side by side.

They are different aircraft so are difficult to compare unless you have a well defined mission in mind and a clear budget that you want to achieve that mission with. I mean DRACO beats all other STOL planes, but at what cost?

I recommend us not getting into a '****ing contests' with other STOL planes about which is best but recognise they all do certain things well at certain price points. More important to me is that we share knowledge that is generic and that will enhance our flying irrespective of what type of aircraft we fly.

Personally, I am really happy with our KF7 and it has taken us some great adventures with our SC friend and we go all places they go, albeit with slightly less gear. At the cost of a KF7 I reckon we get great value for money.

cheers

ross
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)