Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Garmin G3X

Default Garmin G3X

I am looking for the G3X drivers out there for a bit of info. The sevos have a stop to be mounted on the face of the servo to control an over-ride. At what location did you mount these,ie, clock numbers 3-9, 2-8 ? Photos would be a great help. Since I really do not know how much travel there is in the linkage I am not sure where to set these. It will be a challenge to change the pitch servo once the plane is covered and I am very close to covering. Any insight/help will be great.

Default Re: Garmin G3X

There are many screw holes to chose from. Giving you my clock angles may not apply to your specific installation location. I installed my push pull rod and made the length only long enough as necessary. You can adjust the length with the rod end bearings but when all said and done when you put the flight control through its travel for the respective servo it can not cause the arm of the servo to go directly in line with the rod. Once I kinda figured that out I installed the guard at the angle that prevented it from "over throwing". I adjusted the rod end bearing length from there so that the arm doesn't even hit the stop.
    One more thing. I had to make an entire new aluminum rod and reset the stop after I found that when rigging the Flapperons, It throws off everything with regard to the aileron control. I would advise that you fabricate that part after rigging. Probably too late for that but thought I might add that in for those who follow.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Hi Jim
    LOL. You posted the same question back in February. I know, things get put on the back burner until one day it seems like the first time. Anyhow, I searched "Garmin Servos" and found your question. My reply is #2 with photos.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yes, you are correct about the post a while ago however it looks like you made your own mounts and not the ones from Kitfox sooooo I was looking for someone who used these mounts as the set-up should be the same.

Thank you for the reply all info helps. While on the subject how satisfied are you with the AP and G3X?

Nothing to add but I am curious also. I am going to get the mounts from KF.

Oh, My mounts are Garmin. Now I guess I can't help since I don't know how they differ from what you have. Hope you get someone to comment.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I ordered the mounts from Kitfox and mounted them according to their drawings.