Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Stall spins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Stall spins

I belong to a flying club and this link was recently emailed to the membership.
    Good info

Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Thanks Jeff. Having trained so long ago, that video was great.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by jmodguy View Post
    I belong to a flying club and this link was recently emailed to the membership.
    Good info

Valid input, even (more so) for those of us more recently out of training....

Stalls and spins.

I think we all agree it’s important to understand all aspects of aviation. If you look around in your local aviation community, I bet you could find a person or aerobatic club who would welcome the opportunity teaching you stalls and spins.

I was fortunate to have a retired International aerobatics competitor in my area. I to was and still concerned about stalls and spins. My private instructor knew the basics, but I felt I needed more.

The retired aerobatic competitor’s, Olie Pash, method of teaching was real world. I will never forget his words “Lets see what you know. My aircraft”. Each scenario he put me in, I had to struggle in finding a solution of getting myself out of and recover the airplane. His teaching method was from the known. A climbing right turn power on stall and a rudder kick. To the unknown, upside down in a flat spin.

In 1.5 hours of instruction, he introduced me to all manner of situations I could get myself and just as importantly others might put me in. He would brief the scenario and let me maneuver the airplane into each situation, so I could feel and see how each scenario unfolded, then let me struggle on how to get out of it. Olie would make sure I understood how we got into the stalls and spin and the method on how to get out of it. I believe it is some of the best instruction and money I have ever spent in flying.

Just my 2 cents.

We learn from others and sometimes unfortunately from their mistakes. Olie passed on his knowledge. We all need to do the same.

http://flyingmuseum.com/hall-of-fame...lin-olie-pash/