Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trailer size

Default Re: Trailer size

I considered that very thing. Im a little concerned if that is safe. But isnt that where the old tow bar used to go? Maybe that is best.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

That was their initial purpose. In fact, I have the tow bar for my Model 3.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    I believe the SS7 still has the 5/16 pass through tubes in the lower rear fuselage. Use these to pass a threaded rod to connect a bridal to use as a winch attach in lieu of the tail spring.

Ralph

Ralph,

That's exactly what I was planning. I just replaced my tail spring, and don't want to have to replace anything else back there.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    A pontoon boat trailer is a good start for a kitfox transporter. I purchased a new one without bunks from Mid America Trailer Sales in 2013 for about $1500. It can be seen on the sticky video about trailering a SS7
    Key question, What size pontoon boat was it designed for?

The pontoon boat trailer I purchase is a Mid America model PT22/13, It is advertised as for a 21 ft to 23 ft boat weighing no more that 2500 lb. I specified no bunks but to retain the access ladder and winch mount. In retrospect I would also have specified no winch as it comes with a hand winch and a 12V with wireless remote is required. Have had no problems trailering except a batten for the elevator is an absolute necessity as wind force from trailering and things such as a semi's passing blast will flop the elevator up and down.

On the issue of the elevator; i only haul 5 miles @ 50mph. I make sure i push the elevator up so it contacts the leading edge of the flaperons. I put small pieces of thick clear tape on those contact areas. The airflow keeps the elevator in the up position.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind