Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Interview for school project

Default Interview for school project

My name is Dakota Ewing I live here in Utah. I have a school project where I need to learn more about something I don’t know a whole lot about but I’m interested in. I love watching videos of Kitfox and such and I was curious if anybody here in Utah that owns one would be willing to let me ask some questions about the plane and the sport!

Default Re: Interview for school project

Welcome Dakota. Glad you find the Kitfox as exciting as we all do. We have some great Utah TeamKitfox members. Give them a little time to respond. They’re probably out enjoying a flight in their Kitfox.😀

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Steve's right. They will certainly reply.
    That said, the moment you query the entire community, this thread will light up with activity and you would get answers to just about every question.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thank you guys for welcoming me! I just wanna know what’s a good way to get started in all of this? I would love to take some flight lessons but I don’t know where to go or what’s a good place to get it done at. Also is there a special license or class I need to take for experimental aircrafts or is it all the same?

To fly these airplanes you need to be licensed by the FAA. That takes from 25 to roughly 40 hours of instuction from a certified flight instructor which includes a combination of ground school and flight instruction time. You may start instruction before age 17 however you will need to be 17 years of age to get either your Sport Pilot license or the slightly more advancd Private Pilot license.

Any flight school can train you to acheive the minimum requirements to pilot a Kitfox. I’m sure there are several in Utah near you.
    If , like many registered members here on TeamKitfox.com, you would like training structured around the Kitfox aircraft specifically, you can reach out to one of our website sponsors (Stick & Rudder Aviation) in southwest Idaho. There you can not only get all the required training, you can train in a Kitfox aircraft.
    Best of luck Dakota. Aviation is a rewarding endeavor.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I'm currently training with Stick & Rudder Aviation in my own Kitfox 5, and I highly recommend them. Until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't flown in over 20 years, and Darin from Stick & Rudder Aviation has helped me get rid of the rust and get my eyes, hands, and feet working together to become a safe and competent Kitfox pilot. Also, check out videos on Youtube by Nile McMillion. He's young guy who has a unique story as to how he acquired his very own Kitfox and how he is restoring it. I think you'd learn a lot from him. Good luck.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR