Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Weight & Balance form LSA & Exp needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Weight & Balance form LSA & Exp needed

I recently saw a weight and balance form that had loading for both experimental and LSA. It looked like a Excel spreadsheet. Does anyone have a copy that could have? The Excel sheet would be the best.
    Dave

Default Re: Weight & Balance form LSA & Exp needed

Any luck on finding this?

Here's an excel spreadsheet set up to do weight and balance. Save it to your computer then edit it to do weight and balance on any airplane, nose or tail wheel.
    Weight & Balance Classic IV & Lite² Aircraft - Kitfox Aircraft

Last edited by t j; 02-11-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

[QUOTE=t j;82523]Here's an excel spreadsheet set up to do weight and balance. Save it to your computer then edit it to do weight and balance on any airplane, nose or tail wheel.
    Weight & Balance Classic IV & Lite² Aircraft - Kitfox Aircraft

This works great but can you remind me how to get the weights for the most adverse front and rear

I'm going by a 20 year old memory in a 70 year old brain so someone may have a better way to calculate max fore and aft CG.

I played the "What if " by putting weights in both the fore and aft sections of the form that the plane could fly at and remain within the CG limits and max gross weight limit.

For max foreward CG: light pilot, low fuel load, no baggage.
    For max aft CG: 2 fat guys, full fuel, max baggage load.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by t j; 02-11-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Do we really need the fore and aft in a kitfox ? Do you divide the weights up somehow fore and aft. . Or how about WHY does this form show fore ad aft?

Thank you for all this input. I guess I was just confused why we had to calculate fore and aft for every light but this form is designed for finding the fore and aft when weighing he plane.

I don't want to get "preachy" but by reading some of the posts here, it may help for some to restudy the principles of W&B from their ground school course.

There is a requirement that a W&B sheet be in the aircraft at all times. This is the calculation done when in preparation for issuance of the Air Worthiness Certificate. It may also be done at any other time as deemed necessary due to changes in the configuration of the aircraft. It is done with the aircraft empty, i.e. no fuel, no baggage no people. There is a W&B calculation worksheet included in the plans/direction manual. It is from this that the pilot is required to compute that the aircraft is loaded within the CG range for each flight. With our Kitfoxes, you can use the spread sheet, with the information for your aircraft and play "what if" loadings by changing the weight of the pilot/passengers, fuel load and baggage to determine if you are property loaded within the max/min. range before flight.

Ralph