Hello team kitfox forum members,

My name is Jeff and I’m currently a private pilot student with about 20 hours so far.

I love flying!

Additionally, I am considering continuing on my training and earning my CFI certificate.

Therefore, in order to obtain hours necessary to get my commercial certificate I’m considering in buying a used kit fox five conventional gear with a Rotax I live near Glenwood Springs Colorado and therefore he type of flying that intrigues me the most is more of a back country style with grass, gravel, or desert/BLM hair strips.

I found this low time kit fox five / conventional gear with a 532 for sale.

Basic avionics, no trim, nothing special. A basic build with fabric in good condition.

I know it not the ideal power plant for my higher alltitude. But, it could be a good winter flyer until I can save up for a 912 or maybe Lycoming IO-233-LSA
Hi a lot today

Basically, I would like advice on the folowing:

What do U think would be a reasonable price for this plane?

What should I look for specifically while inspecting the plane?

What would be the most I should pay for this plane with the future plan in mind to do an engine upgrade?

What would an engine upgrade (average) cost be for 912 (either model) or a IO-233?

Well, that’s a start. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as the thread develops

But basically, just trying to learn from others and make the best economically informed decision possible in getting a fair deal on a tail wheel kitfox 5, 6 or 7.

Thank you for your help in realizing this dream.

Bye for now,

Jeff