Why do we need a medical cert? Do they prevent heart attacks, or seizures, or any other anomaly that would lead to pilot in command incapacitation? People ask me why I would even consider flying one of those "little" air planes or one of those "dangerous homemade death traps, they are always crashing". My answer is "how can you get in a vehicle that could possibly be recalled tomorrow for a faulty brake system or a throttle system that could stick wfo, or drive down the freeway at 70 plus miles an hour three feet away from some one that you have never met that could be under the influence of drugs or alcohol?

Many studies have proven that air travel is the safest form of travel. Airplanes have to be inspected at certain intervals to be legal to fly (but we all know that doesn't always happen). How often does a car ever have to be inspected for roadworthiness? Even if a "small" plane does go down, the number of casualties is minimal (but still too many)

So why don't we have to have a medical certificate to drive the number one cause of deaths in the United States?