Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: MGL Avionics in the incredible Yak 110.

Default MGL Avionics in the incredible Yak 110.

Nice going MGL.
    MGL’s iEFIS line up has completely customizable screens for any aircraft and engine combination imaginable evidenced by the incredible Yak 110 which debuted at AirVenture 2018.
    MGL, a proud sponsor here on TeamKitfox.com and we are happy to have them as a longtime sponsor of the Kitfox community. Check out their complete line up of avionics by clicking their advert. on the left side of every page you visit here on TeamKitfox.com.

https://youtu.be/E-2v8nFY6q8

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: MGL Avionics in the incredible Yak 110.

I’m currently learning how to use the design simulator. Incredible versatility with so many options on how to customise your display. They did a really good forum on it at OSH this year, which helped a lot.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Have you seen this thread, David, on the MGL Forum?

Screen Designer

Thanks to Dutch Roll I went from clueless to building some pretty decent screen in no time whatsoever. Once you get the basics right it is really quite good fun and quite satisfying when you make your own warning lights etc and the simulator shows they'll work. I just hope the real thing does exactly the same as the sim

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSS View Post
    Have you seen this thread, David, on the MGL Forum?

Screen Designer
    No, hadn't seen that. Thanks. I do like the idea of a startup screen though ..... I've got the hang of it at the moment - it's a bit convoluted, but once you get a couple of runs on the board .. i.e. instruments set up, it really does start to make sense and you can start to make some really nice screens. But as you say, test will be when I try to load onto the actual unit, although the guy at Osh was quite clear that we would be all smiles. We'll see. Another interesting feature is the ability to record flight test data. There is a function that allows that and you can record whatever you like. Very useful in the test phase as a backup to the kneeboard... at the moment ...
    David
    SS7 Builder

Presumably you've seen this thread then

Flight data viewer

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSS View Post
    Presumably you've seen this thread then

Flight data viewer
    No, haven't seen this. Sounds like he's put something together to extract data from the "black box" and do stuff with it ... maybe plot graphs etc. I'm happy to stick with the raw data, and then decide how to represent it ...
    David
    SS7 Builder