My 10 hour old 912UL is running smoothly, or it was. I noticed a little roughness a few days ago an inspected to see if anything had slipped in the linkage department.
The number 1 carb had clocked about 2 degrees. that would upset the float condition so I grabbed it by hand and easily turned it back to vertical. I checked the screw on the clamp, I loosened it completely and made certain the carburetor was seated completely in the boot. I tightened it back down and flew an hour to see how things faired. It didn't stay at the 1200 position, in fact I notice both are slightly off. I video taped the engine at idle and at 4000 RPM to see if I could determine a heavy vibration and I don't think its there. I may have to change the shutter speed on the camera to make sure there isn't a lag in the video but honestly, the naked eye shows nothing abnormal either. anyone else seen this behavior before. I"m convinced the torques are good on the rubber mounts and such. I don't want to damage the boot, but they aren't holding up.