Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Landing light cover

Default Re: Landing light cover

To get the len’s outside dimensions, I tried laying the Lexan over the area and used a fine tipped marker to trace the outline. I didn’t have success with that method. Next, I removed the wingtip and got the lens to fit it perfectly, with plenty of Lexan to trim on the leading edge side. But it didn’t match the contour of the leading edge. I’m hoping I don’t have to buy a case of these lenses to get two that fit right! Any tips on all this?
    Rex in Michigan
    SS7 / 912 iS

Default Re: Landing light cover

While cutting the top and bottom edges of the plexi-glass I made a mark the best I could to reflect where the trimming needed to be made. I trimmed it shy of the marks. I used a belt sander to work the margins of the plexi-glass until all three sides matched the recess of the wingtip. That left the edge that meets up with the wing and I did the same with that side. The lenses do have a top and bottom so you have to make sure you have the upper and bottom camber matching. It is subtle, so much so that someone could make the argument that the cambers are equal when it comes to the lens. I don't believe they are.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X