Hi All,

Just thought I'd say a quick hello. As with any good adventure, things started out rather harmlessly watching various YouTube videos. Somehow, I stumbled across this small red plane called Draco ($1M is not quite in my budget - pity). From there, I found some of Trent Palmers videos. My wife saw a few and remarked "ooh, that looks like fun". Taking this as an official green light (as you do), I've since had my head buried in these forums for the last few days, and have come to the conclusion that I've been "bitten by the bug". Reading through the build logs has been simply awe inspiring, and I can't wait to do the same ... it's going to be a while away and by the time I'm able to, KitFox will probably be up to Series 10 or 11, so I won't be adding any build pics any time soon, but that doesn't mean I can't dream for now.

I'm not sure how many (out side of Aus) will get this, but as Darryl Kerrigan once said:

"Tell him he's dreamin' ... "

I did do one flying lesson when I was in my late teens, and got a few hours in a "proper" flight sim while doing work experience (the perks of growing up in a "Navy (Airwing) Town". Now in my 40's (can I play the "mid life crisis" card yet?) I've started looking at getting my Pilots Licence, the first of many steps down this exciting rabbit hole.

I'm about 20mins or so away from what would be considered my "local" airfield, and have a few friends that either have or are in the process of getting their Pilots Licences too, so won't be totally on my own for that part. I don't think any have built there own kit plane though

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi, and let you all know to expect a few questions ... in a quite a few years time .

Cheers,
J.