Hi all,
I recently joined this forum in support of my aircraft down-select process.
A (perhaps THE) key factor will be the quality of the flight experience. I have yet to arrange a demo, but from what I have read, it flys real nice. Color me cautious though because I demo’d a Flight Designs CTLS and was NOT impressed.
Other desires or requirements are for a lot of usable baggage capacity (plenty of room and as close to 100 lbs as we can get), good cruise speed (within the LSA limits), and a kit that qualifies as 51 percent for experimental/amateur built certification. It appears that the Kitfox S7 scores well in these areas.
Unfortunately the Kitfox was not really on my radar earlier this year and so I did not spend as much time looking it over at Oshkosh as I would have otherwise. I will admit to feeling more comfortable with sheet metal, but I did just do the SportAir fabric covering workshop. Honestly, I learned that I could do fabric, but I am still not sure I want to.
Anyway, I am looking forward to learning more about the S7 and others’ building and flight experiences. – Gary