Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Arkansas Kitfox

Default Arkansas Kitfox

I have been wanting to build my own plane for years. After some serious considerations I began looking into a Kitfox. I live in central Arkansas and am trying to find pilots in the area that own one. I am wanting to try to meet with them sometime and talk their ear off and see one up close and in person. Pictures are great, but I'm sure they only do some justice. At one time I was wanting to build an RV. I finally came to realization and enjoy the low and slow flying more than going fast. The Kitfox caught my eye with its looks, useful load capacity, speed, fuel consumption, and price point. Plus as someone who has never built a plane it may be easier and require less special tools than and RV. Any information or help would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Arkansas Kitfox

First start by searching this forum. There is tons of pictures and information you can find here.

If you can find a KF owner in the area they can help you too.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I was originally doing that page by page, but got distracted by all the other forums with photos and information. Once you sent a reply thought I found the search function within the thread. That will make it much easier for me now! Thank you for the help and it seems like this is a pretty awesome community forum.

yeah...were awesome.
    From all over this World.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

There is a Kitfox map somewhere, but I can’t remember where. It shows where people who own the aircraft (and put it on the map) live. Or, you can call Kitfox (Debra and John) and ask them if they sold any kits in your area.

map is found on the opening page of this forum under Features.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Flyboy 66, I searched the threads and found the map! I am currently awaiting approval to access it. Thank you for the information. If that doesn't work ill give your other option a shot.

Efwd, I just saw your response as I was typing this response. That will be much easier to find rather then searching for it each time. Thank you!

All of you all have been very helpful so far!

Another option is to go on the FAA web site and do a search for make and model. Here is a link to Kitfoxes registered with the FAA. Page through and you may find a Kitfox much closer than you think. Click on the blue state name in the second column from the left, and it will pull up that plane's registration. Here is the link. JImChuk
    registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/AcftRef_Results.aspx?Mfrtxt=&Modeltxt=KITFOX&PageN o=1

PS looks like you will have to copy and paste

I just tried the Members Map feature from the first page of the Forum. It appears the page did not migrate completely when the data base seized a few weeks ago.

Ralph

in his instruction post... don't click map
    click on the link he has for members "without". The one just above his closing salutation.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X