Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wing twist

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wing twist

I finished leveling the fuselage yesterday (I think). Left to right is easy. Front to rear I think I am good. The manual says to run a 4’ level under the lift strut carry through tube at the rear and under bottom tube of the front bulkhead. I assume the front bulkhead is the tube under the very front of the fuselage just forward of the rudder pedals. The problem with that is the distance is 50”, so the 4 foot level doesn’t reach. I gave It the calibrated eyeball test and all the tubes appeared to be in line with each other. So then I ran the level over the soar carry through tubes and they matched (level).

So, when I run the level under the front and rear spars to get a reference at the 3” (from the root) for the wing twist, it is almost exactly level. Is this OK, or does it indicate a problem with my front to rear leveling process?

In case I am not writing clearly, I am on Wing Assy page 25 with the full page diagram of “Wing Twist Adjustment”. My number for the ROOT (3” LOCATION) is zero.

Just rechecked my level. Side to side good. At the 3” location, I have to drop the level 1/8” below the front spar for level.

Thanks,

Steve
    Last edited by Flyboy66; 07-20-2018 at 12:47 PM.