Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Visit to Kitfox

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Visit to Kitfox

As part of my 4 great days of flying with Stick and Rudder, I visited Kitfox at Homedale couple of times and had a tour through the factory with Paul Leadabrand. The first trip was on Saturday but John McBean was there so we had a quick chat before going through the factories. Very impressed with how much of the build they’ve retained in-house which I would think helps them control production priorities. From Paul, he says they deliver about 40 kits per year and do about 6 full builds per year, one of which had a Rotax 915 in it, with duel screens and what looks to be a very interesting paint scheme. With that 915, this is gonna be a real performer. I did a second visit to pick up some parts before I left Boise and spent more time talking to John and Debra, two of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet. Even got to meet their two “Australian” Shepherds. Brandon, aka “Mr Kitfox Wing Man”, was also there so we had a chat about general KF stuff and again, fun guy to talk with. He’s now moved on from building wings to bigger things at KF so the new “Wing Man” is Leon who, as it happens, will also be doing some flight instructing with Stick and Rudder in the near future. I got the genuine feeling that the company is just one big extended family which you join when you buy a KF. If you ever visit Boise and want to see how a classy kit manufacturer does it, pay them a visit. But just give them more than a days notice, which couple of people from out of country did when I was there. Even with that short notice, Debra very kindly obliged them with a factory tour. Now that’s Service.
    David
    SS7 Builder