Ok, I still haven’t bought, but I really want a Kitfox STOL taildragger. I look at Barnstormer almost every day, but I remain confused as to what is a good buy. I would like a flying aircraft and I’m just curious as heck as to why there are so many unfinished kits, but I know I don’t want one. I am thinking that I haven’t been asking anyone with Kitfox experience about what their idea of a good purchase is, and how dumb for me to wing it when there are so many owner/pilots right hear on this forum. I hope to correct this.

I retired from United Airlines a few months ago after just short of 40 years and I am beginning to miss flying a lot. I look up for passing aircraft all the time and stop whatever I’m doing when I hear the growl of a radial engine. The blue sky and scattered bright white clouds that glow rainbow circles when you are above them; the cool air at 5000 ft.; the horses and deer running in the fields that only a pilot sees, these and a thousand things that are part of life and memories of an aviator are what I miss.

I think that I had better get an airplane and soon. So, I would like to ask: will those who have a little time, please look at the Kitfox market and tell me what you think?

Happy flying,
John