Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A little help for a buyer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: A little help for a buyer

I feel like when everyone talks about Kitfoxes these days they talk about the 5 and newer. Are all these opinions of how great the Kitfox is in reference to the newer ones? What about the 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystud87 View Post
    I feel like when everyone talks about Kitfoxes these days they talk about the 5 and newer. Are all these opinions of how great the Kitfox is in reference to the newer ones? What about the 4?
    I am sure that if the IV was still available as a kit, there would be a lot more talk in the forum about that model. For me, there is nothing added in the newer models that tempt me in any way to "upgrade". The 1500 lb. gross weight, in my mind means more $ per hour and that's about it. Back when we were doing our annual flights to explore the mountains of Idaho, my sleeping bag weighed a pound and a half and packed to the size of a football. and my tent weighed 6 lbs. I do have to say, though that I am a medium in anything I wear and will acknowledge that a IV is about right for me, but would be a challenge for a lot of people I know.

John,
    My wife beat you at United by four years, but her only hours in the cockpit were when one of you up front needed a little "relief". That said if you ever want to use one of your passes to fly to SMF, I would be glad to pick you up and bring you to Model IV country here. Three IVs at O61.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

This is good to hear! I have a IV that I have yet to fly in and im 6'2". But only about 180lbs. Luckily not very wide. I think the performance from the IV is very impressive.

I wasn't aware that the IV wasn't even being sold any more. That makes a lot more sense. Cause I was just getting the impression people were going for the more "Cub" sized aircraft's than their smaller counter parts and wasn't sure why.

I believe the Model IV is still available as a kit, but on special order only.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Are they ordered less cause they're less desirable?

If I understand correctly the IV is supported on account of the European market. Don't quote me but I thinks its because it qualifies as an ultralight there.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Interesting I wonder how many would still buy a IV here in the states over a 5+ if it was still sold.