Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: WTB frame restoration service

Default WTB frame restoration service

the KIII frame is finally bare and ready for sandblasting, but I question that winter will hold off long enough to get the paint on .. can anybody recommend a competent sandblast & paint shop in the northwest, I'm willing to drive south and have a few days as a tourist while the frame gets rejuvenated ...

regards

Default Re: WTB frame restoration service

This is not where you want to go, but as an example I had my airframe sandblasted and powder coated by a company called Crystal Finishing in Wausau Wisconsin.

I'm sure there are more industrial powder coaters in other parts of the country.

For the record, it cost less than $200 to have the fuselage and tail feathers blasted and powder coated.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Here's a couple leads for you in Yakima. Yakima Aero sport does a lot of tube and fabric restoration and so does Cubcrafters. Both do bead blasting and epoxy coating. Not sure if they do powder coating but I think they farm it out to a place near the airport. Anyhow, they are both top notch. Probably not for $200.

Yakima Aero sport.
    http://www.yakimaaerosport.com/services/

Cub Crafters,
    http://cubcrafters.com/service-support#repairs
    Last edited by t j; 11-02-2018 at 05:53 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Thanks for the suggestions, another recommendation was received for Novation in Spokane ...
    I'll update this thread after some phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    For the record, it cost less than $200 to have the fuselage and tail feathers blasted and powder coated.
    How the bleep is that even possible? The materials alone would cost that much. It cost me 1800 (cdn) which included 30 bags of sand to get it done. We get ripped for everything up here i guess!