Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need your experience

Default Re: need your experience

I agree with Esser, it could be a bigger job then it looks. I would also make sure the spars are perfectly straight and don't have any kinks or bends in them.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Thanks all for your reply and investigations !!!!!, i am going to see the Minifox (it is the name on the ID card, a kitfox with 10meter wing span to have 15m² surface... in 1996 it was the regulation).

i note to the following:
    >check if wing was swung into the overhang on the skylight part of the windscreen?
    >wing brace or not during transportation?
    > other wings ? (see pictures attached)
    >job to do if i bought the plane
    >negociate price

i attach other pictures that could help you. Left hand wing, seams to have no trooble, and a picture of internal Right hand wing.

thanks again for your help.

regards,

richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Were you able to see if there was a wrinkle or at least looser fabric just out from the front of the cracked rib? If it did get broke by hitting the skylight, you could maybe just clean the epoxy and paint off the end of the rib where it meets the spar, make a 1/4" plywood doubler for each side of the front 2" or so of the rib, and epoxy and clamp it all back together. Also remove the epoxy off the rear rib/spar junction and reglue it back together. What I described would not be a real hard job. Looks like the braces that are supposed to be in the wing are there. My Kitfox 4 manual shows 2 braces going from the rear spar to the butt rib and one in the front. That is on the drawing where a person doesn't use a wing locker or fuel tank. That pattern was probably the same on a Kitfox 2. My suggestion on the rib repair is worth what you paid for it, and you will have to determine if it makes any sense or is legal in your country. Use at your own risk. :-) JImChuk

Hi all,

ì could make another visit beginning of the week and i understand what happen thanks to you :
    > the wing was swung into the overhang on the skylight part of the windscreen (see photo), we clearly see the looser fabric and the crack rib also on the fuselage side.

thanks again for your contribution.

regards,

richard
    Attached Images Attached Images