Sorry to hear about your bad day Josh. We all have had days like that.

I just spent the last week trying to figure a serious problem out. I had an issue with my plane right before the condition inspection caused by a severe kickback on a start. I needed to change my starter and the cluster gear (in the accessory section). I also upgraded my remote oil filter with an adapter so it will filter my oil immediately after the oil pump. Due to the previous location of the oil filter I had metal in my oil filter and the oil pressure relief valve, which caused low oil pressure. Anyways, after opening the engine accessory section and making the repairs I did the first startup and only had 12-14 PSI oil pressure. I suspected the oil system wasn't primed and did the easier, #2 method in the Continental maintenance manual. I also tested the accuracy of the oil pressure sensor. I was 100% sure this would solve the problem because it had 16 psi just cranking the engine. When I started the engine it still had 12 psi. So I did the preferred method of oil priming according to the manual (using a pressure pot and purging the engine at the oil pressure port till oil flowed out at the rocker box covers). Again I got 17 psi cranking the engine and I was 99.9% certain "this has fixed it". I started the engine a 3rd time and only had 8-10 PSI ??? This thing was kicking my butt. Finally I considered there might be blockage of the oil system, not lack of priming. One thing that came to mind was the new plumbing to my remote oil filter. I checked the two hoses and found I had REVERSED them. The oil was trying to flow backwards through the oil filter and was totally or severely restricted. I just fixed the problem yesterday, including installing a new oil filter. I plan to do the run-up today and am optimistically 99.8% certain this will solve the problem.

I like the comment about calling it quits after 2 mistakes. One of the evenings last week I just needed to stay home and do something else.

I have applied that principle to flying too . . . have you ever had a day when you aren't even in the air yet and and you missed a couple of big things? It might be good to just taxi back to the hanger.